A forum to clear doubts by seniors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seminar of TE

2 posters

Go down

Seminar of TE Empty Seminar of TE

Post by gauri.joshi1 Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:59 pm

What exactly do we have to do for 30% implementation of our topic in the seminar..Do we have to explain with examples and coding or what? and do we have to show a live demo or just through a power point presentation?
Can any of the seniors explain what the seminar project should exactly contain?

gauri.joshi1

Back to top Go down

Seminar of TE Empty Re: Seminar of TE

Post by Shagufta Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:56 pm

The project topic u must have already chosen I guess. And even if u want to change teachers will understand. It should be something you have fun doing. Something which interests you. Even if you dont know anything about it. Like mine was 'Detecting Cyberbullying' through text mining in Python. I didn't know text mining but I learnt a bit and implemented just one part of it. In the presentation you will have to explain about your chosen project and a little bit about some algorithm you used or maybe some other technical details. Not necessary to invent something as such, since it isn't really possible in the short duration, a proper research work. But whatever you present, just do it confidently and the teachers might think it is your work (Lol) . On a serious note, even they don't expect something completely implemented or newly invented. My guide was Muchrikar sir since my domain was Big Data. He didn't even look at the algorithms ir whatever. I didn't go to meet him he didn't even care at times. They have lots of other things to do. Haha. What u basically need to do is, look for any algorithm or area of ur choice, think of a SOCIAL PROBLEM which u can solve with that(this is really important, you have to have a social problem) social problem can be a problem which people face in everyday life but they prefer it to be something serious like somehow if u help with finding symptoms of a disease or controlling pollution(just a random example) they would prefer it. You need to just at least talk about how u will implement it. You should have an approximate idea as to how to implement at least one module of it. And then u need to know how to bluff efficiently (Lol) . I did that in mine at least. I picked up some code snippets which I found relevant and MADE UP situations in my project where I would need to use them. I showed them, bluffed a little about the accuracy and percentage of efficiency (I did find out the efficiency but that was not of the complete project just a part of it, but I told them it is for the entire thing. You wont get it what I am saying, but the point is you can jolly well talk some intelligent nonsense) . And on the final day btw u will just be showing them the ppt, the ppt can contain screenshots of your work. No live demo. U have to talk and explain the ppt. Ihope I at least partially cleared your doubt, ask if u have some more doubts.

Shagufta
Admin

https://cummins.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum